FASEB Takes Part in Webinar to Maximize Impact of Researchers’ DataTuesday, March 21, 2023
FASEB’s Yvette Seger, Director of Science Policy, will be among the speakers in a coming webinar, NIH Data Sharing: A Researcher’s Guide to Compliance and Increasing Impact,” on March 29 at 11 am ET.
Funding agencies, academic publishers, and scholarly societies increasingly encourage researchers to share the data which underpins their research findings. Embracing this growing culture of data sharing, National Institutes of Health (NIH) recently issued its Data Management and Sharing (DMS) policy, requiring most grantees funded after January 23, 2023, to create and follow a comprehensive plan for how their research data will be managed and shared.
In this webinar, Seger joins speakers Matt Cannon, Head of Open Research at Taylor & Francis Group, and Rebecca Grant, Head of Data and Software Publishing at F1000, to discuss key considerations researchers need to address to comply with the NIH policy while maximizing the impact of their data.
These expert speakers will uncover:
- Key principles of the NIH policy
- How to write an NIH Data Management and Sharing Plan for a grant application
- Policy compliance and publishing
- Publishing options to maximize your data’s impact
- Available supporting resources, including FASEB DataWorks! Help Desk and repositories list