Call for Nominations: Editor-in-Chief of FASEB BioAdvancesThursday, September 2, 2021
The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) requests nominations for the position of FASEB BioAdvances Editor-in-Chief.
The FASEB BioAdvances editorship is a highly influential position with a unique opportunity to shape the journal, to influence open access publishing behaviors, and to guide the global direction of research in the life sciences. FASEB seeks a visionary Editor-in-Chief and is committing new resources to support a relaunch of FASEB BioAdvances concurrent with the change in editorship.
The successful candidate will assume the editorship on January 1, 2022 for an initial term of up to five years, with the option of renewal. The position carries commensurate compensation in the form of a stipend.
The following qualities are expected for the FASEB BioAdvances Editor-in-Chief:
- Highly respected active researcher with strong community connections.
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Embraces open access and understands a quality cascade journal.
- Active researcher with insight into new directions.
- Dedicated to ethical, fair principles.
- Willing to be journal key advocate.
- Able to create and communicate strategic vision.
- Strong leader who works well in team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communicator, resolves misunderstandings.
- Embraces innovation and technology.
- Effectively partners with FASEB staff.
- Respects confidential information.
- Promptly follows through on commitments.
- Energetic, inspiring, committed.
- Willing to learn about broader areas of science, yet defers to experts as needed.
If you know someone with the aforementioned qualities, please submit a nomination. The nomination must include the following information:
- Name of candidate
- Employer affiliation
- Contact information, including the email address and phone number
Nominations may be sent to Darla Henderson, Ph.D., Director of Publications and Staff Liaison to Editor Search Committee via email at email@example.com by September 21, 2021. Please note that all nominations will be kept confidential to the Editor Search Committee.