Early Career Editorial Board Member Nominations for The FASEB Journal
Call for Nominations for The FASEB Journal Early-Career Editorial Board Members
The FASEB Journal will expand the editorial board to purposefully include early-career researchers in a central and engaged role in the journal. Editorial Board Members will serve as content experts and peer reviewers, as well as advising on directions the journal can take to be more inclusive and forward-looking.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Must be an early-career researcher working in a biological or biomedical sciences field. Early-career researchers are defined as postdocs, trainees, or researchers within 10 years of receiving a doctoral degree. Exceptions may apply*).
- Cannot have served in an official capacity for another journal;
- Early-career researchers from historically excluded populations are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Researchers from around the globe are welcomed, as the intent is to populate the board with a robust international presence.
How to Nominate or Apply
Self-nomination is strongly encouraged. To apply yourself or to nominate a candidate, please send an email including:
- The name of the nominee
- A request to be considered for an Early-career Editorial Board Member position with The FASEB Journal,
- A brief Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A short paragraph indicating how you meet the eligibility criteria listed above and summarizing your interest in the role.
All information will be kept confidential.
Early-career Researcher Editorial Board Member Selection
The appointment of editorial board members is made by the Editor-in-Chief in consultation with Associate Editors and are then approved by the FASEB Director of Publications and the FASEB Publications Committee, a committee reporting to the Board of Directors. Decisions will be communicated before the end of 2023.
The criteria for selection will include:
- Early-career researcher status, primarily postdoctoral fellows, trainees, or researchers in the first 10 years of their postgraduate career*.
- As part of our commitment to diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion, we agree to the following:
- To recognize and actively work to interrupt bias;
- To recognize applicants do not all have the same opportunities and consider achievements relative to opportunity; and
- To recognize the value of a diverse editorial team.
- The training and rigor of research completed by the candidate as indicated in the CV will be considered as a deciding factor.
- The level of interest in learning more about the editorial process and journal operations.
The deadline for The FASEB Journal Early-career Editorial Board Member applications is September 30, 2023.
*We value and recognize that there may have been career interruptions that prohibit a 10-year limit. We will consider exceptions. Please include a one-line request for an exception to the 10-year limit.