Strategic Area I: Organizational Excellence
Establishing and maintaining an inclusive environment where all individuals are welcomed, valued, and respected (regardless of their social identity) is essential for the attraction and retention of talent. Therefore, establishing policies and procedures to ensure that all individuals embrace the highest level of professionalism, including Federation leaders, staff, and volunteers, is of the highest importance. To achieve organizational excellence, FASEB works to:
- Develop and implement best practices for diverse and inclusive recruitment and retention strategies to increase representation among FASEB’s and its member societies’ research workforces, Boards, and committees.
- Create opportunities for FASEB staff and volunteers to foster an inclusive work environment and increase awareness of how DEAI contributes to the organization’s mission and continued success.
- Promote DEAI guidelines for core FASEB activities, including meetings and conferences, publications, and policy and advocacy.
Strategic Area II: Research and Education
Scientists need access to tools and resources to promote ongoing research and stay abreast of the latest developments in their fields. To accomplish these goals, FASEB strives to:
- Develop and implement innovative programs to foster DEAI among FASEB member societies and the biological and biomedical research community.
- Promote and increase awareness of DEAI resources and programs through FASEB and member societies.
- Facilitate professional development and networking opportunities to promote career progression for scientists from underrepresented communities.
Strategic Area III: Public Engagement and Collaboration
FASEB engages biological and biomedical researchers with the overall goal of sustaining culture change. To foster public engagement and enhance collaboration, FASEB strives to:
- Promote FASEB’s DEAI programs, intersociety collaborations, and resource sharing.
- Establish strong partnerships with external scientific organizations and research institutions to promote DEAI, gender equity, and the prevention of all forms of harassment.
- Develop evidence-based assessments to ensure DEAI policies and programs achieve desired outcomes.