We advance health and well-being by promoting research and education in biological and biomedical sciences through collaborative advocacy and service to our societies and their members.
Founded in 1912, FASEB was originally created by three independent scientific organizations to provide a forum in which to hold educational meetings, develop publications, and disseminate biological research results. What started as a small group of dedicated scientists has grown to be the nation’s largest coalition of biomedical researchers, representing 28 scientific societies and over 130,000 researchers from around the world. FASEB is now recognized as the policy voice of biological and biomedical researchers.
Learn more about our history:
- Over 100 years of service to the life science community
- Represents 28 scientific societies and over 130,000 researchers worldwide
- Serves as an Association Management Company and helps other nonprofits in the life science community reach their missions
- Manages many scientific meetings, conferences, and exhibit halls each year
- Publishes The FASEB Journal
- Provides career resources through job/resume postings, networking, and educational seminars
- Located in Bethesda, MD - 1 mile from NIH and 8.5 miles from Washington D.C.
Who Should Be Interested in FASEB?
Scientific non-profits/societies seeking to:
- Be part of an organization whose primary focus is to advocate and support the advancement of biological and biomedical sciences
- Better utilize financial resources and human capital
- Gain greater access to networking, career advancement, and cutting edge research
- Put science first