We advance health and well-being by promoting research and education in biological and biomedical sciences through collaborative advocacy and service to our societies and their members.
Founded in 1912, FASEB was originally created by three independent scientific organizations to provide a forum in which to hold educational meetings, develop publications, and disseminate biological research results. What started as a small group of dedicated scientists has grown to be the nation’s largest coalition of biomedical researchers, representing 29 scientific societies and over 130,000 researchers from around the world. FASEB is now recognized as the policy voice of biological and biomedical researchers.
- Over 100 years of service to the life science community
- Represents 29 scientific societies and over 130,000 researchers worldwide
- Serves as an Association Management Company and helps other nonprofits in the life science community reach their missions
- Manages many scientific meetings, conferences, and exhibit halls each year
- Publishes The FASEB Journal
- Provides career resources through job/resume postings, networking, and educational seminars
- Located in Bethesda, MD - 1 mile from NIH and 8.5 miles from Washington D.C.
Who Should Be Interested in FASEB?
Scientific non-profits/societies seeking to:
- Be part of an organization whose primary focus is to advocate and support the advancement of biological and biomedical sciences
- Better utilize financial resources and human capital
- Gain greater access to networking, career advancement, and cutting edge research
- Put science first
As part of our centennial celebration in 2012, FASEB created a historical website to document our rich history of serving the life science community. The Centennial Website - 100 Years of Advancing the Life Sciences - is updated periodically to continue marking the milestones we reach in service to our member societies and greater research community. Some of the timelines and topics covered on the website are:
- FASEB's history from 1912 until today
- Past presidents and board members by year
- Nobel Prize Winners from our Member Societies
- FASEB Annual Meetings
- Past Executive Directors and Editors-in-Chief
- Contents of the 1962 time capsule as well as the 2012 Time Capsule
- And much more