Abstract & Poster Information
If you choose to present a poster at the conference, you must submit an abstract electronically at least 45 days prior to the conference. Abstracts submitted are reviewed by the Conference Organizers. If you submit an abstract, plan on giving a poster presentation unless notified otherwise by either the Conference Organizers or FASEB staff. If you would like to submit a second abstract, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. FASEB will then send it to the appropriate organizer for review.
NEW! Update your submitted abstract: Once you have registered for the conference, you are able to make modifications to your abstract up to 45 days prior to the conference. Please click the link provided to you in your registration receipt email titled ‘FASEB Science Research Conferences Receipt’.
NEW! Option to present a short talk: During registration you may show your interest in presenting a short talk by selecting the button “I would like to give a short talk.” Attendees will be notified by the organizers approximately 3 weeks before the conference if selected to present. You will also have the option to present a poster. Abstracts must be submitted 45 days prior to the conference in order to be included in the program materials and considered for an organizer invited short talk.
NEW! SRC's are going green: No printed program will be provided on site, however, the program materials previously provided onsite will now be digital. Attendees will be able to access the conference program and abstracts approximately three weeks before their conference.
Please Note: Photographs or video recording by attendees/speakers during any portion of a FASEB SRC conference is prohibited without prior written permission of the author/presenter, organizers and FASEB SRC staff.
Things to Know Before Getting Started
Submitting an abstract is optional for conference attendees. Invited speakers are required to submit an abstract of their presentation.
Be prepared to upload your abstract at the time of registration. FASEB does not accept first abstracts via email, fax, or mail.
Abstracts submitted for the FASEB Science Research Conferences are reviewed and approved by the Conference Organizers, not the FASEB SRC Office.
The Conference Organizers reserve the right to decline any submitted abstract that lacks scientific content or merit, or merely announce the availability of a resource or service. It is inappropriate to submit an abstract with an obvious commercial intent.
Submitted abstracts will be presented at one of the scheduled poster sessions (invited speakers excluded). The date and time of the poster session is not available prior to the conference.
Abstracts must be submitted 45 days prior to the conference in order to be included in the program materials and considered for an organizer invited short talk. If you are selected for a short talk, you will be notified approximately 3 weeks prior to the start of theconference.
If you would like to withdraw your abstract, please contact the FASEB SRC Office in writing so that Conference Organizers can be notified of your request.
Requirements & Submission Instructions
- The abstract submission site supports the following web browsers: Google Chrome version 63.0.3239 and above, MS Internet Explorer version 6.0 or above, and Mozilla Firefox version 2 or above.
- Have a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx preferred format), Rich Text Format, Plain Text, or WordPerfect file.
- Abstracts must be written in English.
- Use proper sentence formatting, including upper and lower case letters, and single space paragraphs as appropriate.
- Abstracts are limited to 3,000 characters, including spaces.
- Abstracts should include Background, Hypothesis, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Enter the abstract title, author(s), and affiliations in the fields provided and do not repeat this information in the body of the text.
- List the primary / presenting author first. The primary author is expected to present in person at the conference. Please include additional co-authors.
- Abstracts should not include lists, tables, figures, display equations, footnotes, or references.
- After uploading your abstract, you must “Save Abstract (required) and then “Preview (required)”
- Inserting Images or Text: For best results, cut and paste your abstract text from a word document into the abstract text area provided. You may also type content into the abstract text area. Images and charts may be included. When pasting an image in the abstract first click inside the text box. Use the “insert” icon in the toolbar to insert your image. When pasting from Microsoft Word, click inside the text box. Use the “paste” icon in the toolbar to past your text. Be certain that special characters appear correctly in your abstract upon review.
- A back button (previous) is provided at the bottom of each page of the registration. Please do not use the internet browser back button. Information already entered will be deleted.
Attendee Poster Information
All registrants that have submitted an abstract are expected to present a poster unless contacted by the Conference Organizers or FASEB SRC staff. The date and time of your poster presentation will be listed in the materials given to you onsite at the conference. This information is not available prior to the conference.
Typically, poster boards measure 3’ 8” high by 5’ 6” wide, but may vary depending on location. FASEB SRC staff will communicate any changes to attendees if poster boards are not the standard size. Pushpins will be provided onsite.
Should you have any questions, please contact the FASEB SRC Office.