Science Research Conference Proposals
FASEB Science Research Conferences (SRC's) are organized by leading biomedical researchers from around the world. Conferences give the biological and biomedical community a space to present and discuss new and innovative research in those areas undergoing rapid scientific advances.
About Our Organizers
Organizers must hold an advanced medical or doctoral degree, and should have track records in their fields in order to apply to the SRC program. It is expected that conferences will be of interest to a minimum of 100 participants (including speakers). Organizers typically raise $25,000 USD in sponsor support (not counting FASEB seed money) to participate.
All scientific aspects of the conference, marketing, and fundraising are driven by the organizers. Accepted conferences receive assistance from FASEB with site selection, contracting, marketing, grant writing support, and logistics management.
To submit a proposal, potential organizers are not required to be affiliated with FASEB. All conferences are scheduled two years in advance.
Review all organizer responsibilites.
Why You Should Submit a Proposal
- Be an integral part in advancing research in your field;
- Provide an important channel for exchange of information with researchers in your field;
- Empower early career investigators in your field with invaluable opportunities for career development, networking, mentoring; and
- Rely on FASEB's experienced meeting planning, marketing, and grants management staff to help you plan, promote, generate support for, and manage your conference.
Upcoming Proposal Application Deadline
- 2021 Conference submission deadline: Thursday, September 26, 2019
Proposal Review and Decison
Proposals are reviewed by the FASEB SRC Advisory Committee in late fall; the committee’s decisions are then conveyed via email. Organizers with approved conferences will select and finalize their conference dates in early 2019. Once sites are finalized in the spring, the FASEB Grants Proposal Manager will be in contact to begin sponsorship efforts, and an organizer manual is published online. A Conference Manager will be assigned in spring 2019, who works closely with organizers on all planning and logistics.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions regarding the application process.