Submit a Proposal for a Science Research Conference
The FASEB Science Research Conferences (SRCs), began in 1982 to promote dialogue between researchers in the biomedical field. These conferences welcome prominent scientists, faculty, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students conducting cutting-edge research in areas experiencing rapid scientific advances. The SRCs are traditionally small workshop-style, averaging between 100-150 participants, and are held over five days. The FASEB SRCs provide ample networking opportunities for seasoned scientists, junior investigators and trainees. Attendees are encouraged to submit abstracts for poster or short talk consideration, share meals together, and network with each other as well as leaders in the field during the poster sessions, career-oriented workshops and “Meet the Expert” sessions.
The FASEB SRCs are held year-round at various locations such as Palm Beach, FL, Saxtons River, VT, Steamboat Springs, CO, Snowmass, CO and Big Sky, MT, in the United States. Recent international locations include Germany, Italy and Portugal.
Individuals interested in organizing a FASEB SRC and submitting a proposal must hold an advanced medical or doctoral degree, and should have a track record in the field. Written proposals are processed and submitted annually in November to the FASEB SRC Advisory Committee for formal review and consideration. While the SRC Advisory Committee is comprised of representatives from the FASEB member societies, it is not necessary for a potential conference organizer to be a member of a FASEB society in order to submit a proposal to the Committee.
FASEB Science Research Conferences – 2018 Call for Proposals
Submissions of the 2018 FASEB SRC conference proposal application process is currently underway.
The SRC Advisory Committee will meet with FASEB staff to review the proposals under consideration in late November.
- 18-01 Skeletal Muscle Satellite Cells and Regeneration
- 18-02 Microbial Glycobiology
- 18-03 5th Conference on Frontiers in Melatonin Biology: From Basic Principles to Therapeutics
- 18-04 Trace Elements in Biology and Medicine
- 18-05 The 4th International Conference on Retinoids
- 18-06 Protein Phosphatases
- 18-07 Virus Structure & Assembly
- 18-08 Nutrient Sensing and Metabolic Signaling
- 18-09 Machines on Genes
- 18-10 Translational Neuroimmunology: from Mechanism to Therapeutics
- 18-11 Dynamic DNA Structures in Biology
- 18-12 Ubiquitin and Cellular Regulation
- 18-13 Cross-Translational Research in Fibrosis Across Organs
- 18-14 Molecular Biophysics of Membranes
- 18-15 Protein Phosphorylation Networks in Health and Disease
- 18-16 Fundamental Biology and Pathophysiology of the Liver
- 18-17 Cell Signaling in Cancer: from Mechanisms to Therapy
- 18-18 Post-transcriptional Control of Gene Expression: Mechanisms of RNA Decay
- 18-19 Immunological Aspects of Metabolic Syndrome
- 18-20 The Lung Epithelium in Health and Disease
- 18-21 Transcription, Chromatin and Epigenetics
- 18-22 Biological Methylation: Fundamental Mechanisms in Human Health and Disease
- 18-23 Yeast Chromosome Biology and Cell Cycle
- 18-24 Protein Folding in the Cell
- 18-25 Immunoreceptors and Immunotherapy
- 18-26 Nutritional Immunology and the Microbiota: Rules of Engagement in Health and Disease
- 18-27 Lipid Droplets on the Move from Health to Disease
- 18-28 Calcium and Cell Function
- 18-29 Functional Disulfide Bonds in Health and Disease
- 18-30 Phospholipids: Dynamic Lipid Signaling in Health and Disease
- 18-31 COAST 2018 Innovators' Workshop on Personalized and Precision Orthodontics: Bridging the Biology-Technology Gap
- 18-32 Genome Engineering: Cutting-Edge Research and Applications
- 18-33 GTPases in Trafficking, Autophagy and Disease
- 18-34 Retinal Neurobiology and Visual Processing
- 18-35 Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 and One-Carbon Metabolism
- 18-36 KLF & Sp Biology in Health & Disease
Conference Organizers will be notified of the advisory committees initial decision via email in late December.
Upcoming Proposal Application Deadlines
2019 Conferences: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
2020 Conferences: Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Applications should be submitted to the following email address SRCProposals@faseb.org. Please write “Proposal Application” and the year of the proposed conference in the subject line of the email.