Procedures Upon Notification of Award
Congratulations! Now that you have been granted a travel award, please be sure to follow these procedures:
- Read the Rules for Reimbursement completely prior to securing any travel arrangements/commitments. Mistakes are not reimbursable expenses.
- You will be instructed to arrange your travel to and from the conference site. Air travel (economy coach class) is the standard means of traveling to and from the conference sites. Any alternatives from traveling by air must be approved in advance and in writing by FASEB MARC Office authorized personnel. Please note: Failure to receive prior approval (in writing) for alternative travel options may result in your travel expenses not being completely reimbursed.
- Upon your arrival to the conference, make sure you have in your possession the notification of the travel award letter from the FASEB MARC Program which provides important information about your travel award.
- A travel expense voucher will be provided for each travel award recipient at the time of travel award approval notification. All original receipts (excluding meal receipts) must be attached to the travel expense voucher in order to be considered for reimbursement. Expenses not supported by original receipts will not be reimbursed.
- Travel Expense Vouchers must be submitted along with original receipts (excluding meal receipts) to USPS address: FASEB MARC Program, 9650 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814.
Please note: For FASEB's Science Research Conferences, the FASEB MARC Program Travel Award reimbursement will cover “Double occupancy w/SRC attendee” lodging. The FASEB SRC registration fee includes lodging, meals, scientific and poster session fees and registration materials only. Only the first and last days of travel are eligible for per diem consideration for the FASEB SRCs.
Last Updated: 12/24/15
The FASEB MARC Program is funded by two grants from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences, National Institutes of Health. [T36-GM08059 and T36-GM08637]