FASEB’s historically rich Beaumont Campus spans eleven lush acres at 9650 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, Maryland, not far from the National Institutes of Health. The property was originally a working farm owned by the Hawley family and was acquired by FASEB in 1954.
Today, the grounds provide a quiet, estate-like setting with many gardens of seasonal flowers and ornamentals for our tenants to enjoy. Also to be discovered are beautiful boxwood hedges, an azalea garden, and many fine trees, including two Montgomery County Champion trees, the Japanese Yew and Purple Beech. Below are the main facilities on campus. There are also several other buildings of the old Hawley estate including the barn and stables, a caretaker’s cottage and a garage. The atmosphere is relaxed and an excellent work environment.
The stone mansion of the former Hawley estate, constructed in 1929.This estate, converted to an office building, has been renamed “Beaumont House” after the distinguished American physician and pioneer physiologist, William Beaumont (1785-1853).
The Milton O. Lee Building, named for the first Executive Officer of FASEB, was constructed in successive stages beginning in1961 and ending in 1987.
The East Wing was opened in 2004 and features an atrium connecting the existing Lee Building with the East Wing.
The FASEB Conference Center accommodates meetings for groups up to 120 and can provide meal service for groups of up to fifty. A full range of audio-visual services is available in quiet conference rooms or in a theater-style auditorium.
Campus Tenant Services
Since the early 1960’s, FASEB has provided office space and tenant services for a number of member societies and other scientific non-profit organizations. There is a sense of community on the campus and our tenants are part of what makes this possible. At FASEB, we truly see ourselves as an extension of each organization and aim to always provide consistent and reliable service.
Our tenants look to FASEB to provide the core infrastructure of their business. Whether that means the provision of office space or services such as copying, mailing, and IT, we do whatever it takes to keep daily activities running smoothly and obstacle-free.
- On-site facility management
- Campus wide telephone system and support
- Campus is equipped with managed 50 Mbps Internet service
- 600 square foot fitness center with adjacent locker/shower facilities
- Available conference rooms, including 122-seat auditorium
- Conference food, beverage and audiovisual support
- Staffed reception desk
- Internal office mail delivery and out-going mail processing
- Discounted priority shipping service
- Technology desktop support
- On-site copying
- Janitorial services
- On-site Yoga classes
- Campus Market
- Freight shipping and receiving support
The FASEB campus is located on the west side of Maryland Route 355 - Rockville Pike (Wisconsin Avenue) just inside the Washington Beltway (I-495) and north of the National Institutes of Health Campus. Find directions using Google Maps
- From I-270 South: Take the northern route of the I-270 split toward Silver Spring/College Park. Exit at Wisconsin Avenue, (MD 355 South) (a left exit); continue through the traffic light at Pooks Hill Rd; turn right into the first driveway immediately after the light (about 50 feet after the intersection).
- From I-495 South (College Park):Take the Wisconsin Avenue, (MD 355) exit. Stay in right lane and follow the road signs for southbound traffic onto Wisconsin Avenue, (Rockville Pike). You will be brought to an intersection with Wisconsin/Rockville Pike; turn left to proceed south; continue through the traffic light at Pooks Hill Rd.; turn right into the first driveway immediately after the light (about 50 feet after the intersection).
- From I-495 North (Northern Virginia):Exit onto Wisconsin Avenue, (MD 355 South). Move left to next lane (right lane must turn right at Pooks Hill Rd.) and continue through the traffic light at Pooks Hill Rd; turn right into the first driveway immediately after the light (about 50 feet after the intersection).
Parking: Free parking is available anywhere on campus not reserved or otherwise marked. To park, after entering the driveway from Rockville Pike/Wisconsin Avenue, take first left. Surface parking is available here. There is also a small visitors lot as you head up the drive toward the main entrance. If the surface parking lot located near Rockville Pike and visitors lot are full, there is ample parking in the additional surface lot and parking garage up the hill from the main entrance. Guests should enter the building through the East Wing Lobby entrance which is located nearest to Rockville Pike in the front of the building.
Find directions using Google Maps.
Metrorail: The campus is located along the Metro Red Line between the Grosvenor-Strathmore and Medical Center stations.
- From the Grosvenor-Strathmore station, take Metro Bus toward Medical Center, arrive at Rockville Pike/Wisconsin Avenue and Pooks Hill Road, walk to 9650 Wisconsin Avenue (.2 mile).
- From the Medical Center station, take Metro bus toward Montgomery College Rockville, arrive at Rockville Pike/Wisconsin Avenue and Bellevue Drive, walk to 9650 Wisconsin Avenue (.2 mile).
Bus: There is a Metro bus and Ride-On bus stop located at the Rockville Pike/Wisconsin Avenue entrance to the FASEB Campus. Bus stops are Rockville Pike/Pooks Hill Road and Rockville Pike/Bellevue Drive.
Capitol Hill Office
FASEB maintains an office on Capitol Hill at 236 Massachusetts Ave NE, Washington, DC to assist in our advocacy efforts.